An Inspirational Night of Boat Design Concepts, powered by PechaKucha.
Sponsored by the Sparks Group and Tides Marine.
Managed and produced by the Sparks Group and IBEX.
Media Sponsor: Professional BoatBuilder magazine
Twelve designers will present their design concepts through 20 slides at 20 seconds each. We've produced these events in Louisville, Kentucky and Amsterdam, the Netherlands. It promises to be an inspirational night.
Because there is no charge for this event, we do request that --if you need to cancel after you have signed up -- please let us know right away. There is limited space at the CAMLS Center, and we want to accommodate as many people as possible.
For those of you who wish to be considered as speakers, we request that you send us your design ideas, with a title and short description. You can forward these separately, to: email@example.com. Unfortunately, we cannot pay our presenters. And this is not a forum for vendors to present their products.
If you'd like to see an example of a similar event, our friends at Vripack have been producing VriThink, powered by PechaKucha, for six years now. This past November, they sold out their event at 450 people. Click HERE to see videos of some of the presentations.
Here is our final list of speakers as of September 18th.
2018 Sparks! Speakers
1. Rob Schofield (RA Schofield, Naval Architect)
Tourists, Amphibians, High Speed Cats, and the U.S. Coast Guard
2. Duane Branch (New England Boatworks)
Rising From the Ashes: Resurrection of a Power Cat Design
3. Dick Baldwin (Miniboat Research Collaborative)
Miniboats Crossing Oceans
4. Charles Palame (Morph Marine and Farr Yacht Design)
5. Alan Gurski (WEST System; ProSet; Gougeon Brothers)
The Design Experiments of Meade and Jan Gougeon
6. Esteban Castro (Crown Hydrodynamics)
Towards the F-16 of Planing Craft
>>>Break: 30 mins.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
7. Augusto (Kiko) Villalon (Ancon Marine Consultants)
The Freshman Class
8. Martha Coolidge (Martha Coolidge Design)
Deja Vu All Over Again
9. Michael Reardon (Daedalus Yachts)
Inspiration to Innovation
10. Nigel Calder (Calder Marine Enterprises)
11. Scott Lewit (Structural Composites)
Cost-Effective Lightweight Designs
12. Stephen Wu (Xplora Yachts)
Rebuilding the Modern Boatbuilding Industry
NOTE: Registering for Sparks! does NOT automatically register you for IBEX. Register for IBEX HERE.
We look forward to seeing you the evening before IBEX (October 2-4, 2018).
Register -- at no charge -- HERE.
Rendering of Zip courtesy Mark Fitzgerald, markfitzmarine.com